The Latest Bail, Community, and Local News

Bail Hotline Annual Backpack Giveaway in Logan Heights

bail-hotline-annual-backpack-giveaway-2015

Bail Hotline Bail Bonds to Host Annual 1,000 Backpack Giveaway for Students at Boys & Girls Club in Logan Heights Since 2010, the California Company has hosted back-to-school backpack giveaways in San Diego and will be joined by Sombrero Mexican Food with 500 free burritos at this year’s flash event

San Diego, Calif. (September 9th, 2015)–Bail Hotline Bail Bonds (www.mybailhotline.com), the premier company servicing all of California with comprehensive bail bonds services and assistance, will host its back-to-school backpack giveaway of 1,000 backpacks at the William J. Oaks Branch Boys & Girls Club (2930 Marcy Ave.) for students in nearby elementary schools on Tuesday, September 9th, 2015.

After successful giveaways in San Diego and neighboring counties since 2010, team members from Bail Hotline will gather at the Boys & Girls Club to distribute the backpacks and free mini burritos from Sombrero Mexican Food (www.sombreromex.com) at noon, in accordance with nearby schools’ scheduled dismissal times. Students at Burbank Elementary School, Rodriguez Elementary School and Logan Elementary School have been notified of the giveaway, which will be handled on a first-come, first-serve basis.

“It’s an honor for Bail Hotline to be welcomed by the William J. Oaks Boys & Girls Club again this year and provide these students with brand new backpacks for a successful 2015 – 2016 school year,” said Marco McGuire, CEO of Bail Hotline Bail Bonds. “We’ve seen the impact new school supplies can have on students academics and overall productivity, so we’re proud to be a positive driver of that, year after year.”

During past years’ giveaways in San Diego, Riverside, Los Angeles and San Bernardino, all 1,000 backpacks were gone within less than an hour.

“It’s a great gesture that Bail Hotline Bail Bonds continues to carry out, donating backpacks to assist our youth with their school endeavors,” said William J. Oakes Branch Manager Ricardo Sandoval. “It shows how the community cares about our youth, which is what our organization prides itself in.”

The William J. Oaks Branch of the Boys & Girls Club is an age-appropriate place of physical and emotional safety and stability for its club members, where they have structure and clearly defined boundaries. The youth that are part of its organization are able to build strong, positive connections with adult role models and their peers.

Bail Hotline Bail Bonds is actively involved in the community, carrying out monthly community service efforts and outreach events.

To find a Bail Hotline Bail Bonds location nearest you, visit www.myBailHotline.com or call 866-974-7360 for immediate assistance.

Alternative Collateral for Bail Bonds

bail-bonds-collateral

The easiest way to bail someone out of jail is with cash, though this doesn’t always work and leads us to the topic of discussion: bail bond collateral. In most cases, a surety bond is the way to go when bailing someone out of jail. A surety bond is when you pay 10 percent of the bond amount to the bond agency (also called a “premium”) and the agency’s insurance company backs the rest. When you buy a surety bond, you also have to have enough collateral to make up for the other 90 percent of the bond in case the accused skips out on a court date.

Continue reading

The Importance of Honoring a Bail Bond

honoring-a-bail-bond

Bail bonds and the prohibition against being held without excessive bail is one our Fundamental Constitutional Rights, and something we need to take seriously. There are many different aspects to bail, today we will take you through the consequences of “failing to appear”, “FTA”, “breaking a bond” or missing a court date.
There are two primary reasons for honoring a bail bond. It is important for both the co-signer (or Indemnitor) and the defendant to make sure to follow through on any restrictions, requirements, prerequisites, and obligations of signing a bail bond. By following these “rules,” per se, you can be assured that there will be no unexpected or unnecessary financial or criminal consequences (for the accused) of bailing someone out of jail.

Continue reading

What Does a Guarantor Need to Know About Bail Bonds?

guarantor-bail-bonds

Bail bonds exist for one reason: To get people out of jail. The bail amount is set rather high for multiple reasons, though, which can put a lot of financial pressure on the person bailing someone out (the guarantor). As a guarantor, you will have certain responsibilities to make sure the accused does not miss the court date which, in most cases, will cause your collateral to be surrendered.

Continue reading

Branch Office